Saturday, October 25, 2008

For Jenny

October 23, 2008, the Smurfs celebrate their 50th Anniversary. Ever since we moved here in July, Belgium has been Smurf crazy. When you go to the grocery, depending on how much money you spend, they give you these smurf collector cards. I think we have about 200 cards now...love them.
Thursday (Oct. 23) we went out for the night and look what we ran into, life size smurfs all around the city. Jen, you would have loved it so I took these pictures for you:


The story on the Smurfs is quite interesting; if you feel like reading it go to this website http://www.smurf.com/home-en

Happy Smurfday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! Wish I could be there to celebrate! Happy Smurf Day to you and yours! Thank you for thinking of me...

You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love it! I never would of thought that people were celebrating smurfs! Thanks for sharing!
Dim