We order a couple of beers and the waiter asked if we want Mediums. We
all look at each other and agreed a medium sounds good. The waiter brings back our drink and we can't believe what we are looking at. We have these huge, I mean huge beers sitting in front of us and we all start to laugh. Christian asked if they are larges and the waiter says "No, mediums, we do not have large." Of course they don't have larges, why would they!!
all look at each other and agreed a medium sounds good. The waiter brings back our drink and we can't believe what we are looking at. We have these huge, I mean huge beers sitting in front of us and we all start to laugh. Christian asked if they are larges and the waiter says "No, mediums, we do not have large." Of course they don't have larges, why would they!!Christian then proceeds to order a salad mixe; the salami and cheese plate. The waiter tells us that he has something that is similar and we would like better so we order that. As the waiter drops off our plate, we notice...there is no salami and no cheese. We have crackers with what looks to be a lot of pelican droppings on it. We have caviar, tuna salad, steak tartar, liver pate, salmon and some sort of weird shrimp mix. By this time we are half way through our drinks and we can't stop laughing. Christian digs in and says to Dennis and I that we have to eat these. Dennis and I look at each and
decide we are not touching it, but Christian starts in and challenges us. So, we decide we will take what looks like to be some safe ones, which we eat with no problem. Christian then decides he is going to do a pate and I have to eat the shrimp mix; I say ok with hesitation and dig in. I about lost all of my food on the table and by that time we were all not feeling good.
decide we are not touching it, but Christian starts in and challenges us. So, we decide we will take what looks like to be some safe ones, which we eat with no problem. Christian then decides he is going to do a pate and I have to eat the shrimp mix; I say ok with hesitation and dig in. I about lost all of my food on the table and by that time we were all not feeling good. The rule here...don't move chairs, can't trust mediums unless you want to be tanked and never go with what the waiter suggests without seeing it first. The waiter had the last laugh on us! He took us for a ride.
C & M

3 comments:
You guys are rubes.
Just another awesome experience! Meghin, how's the Rosetta Stone coming along? Maybe once you learn how to speak more it will help take some of the confusion away? Then again, maybe not! At least you always have something to update the blog with! Hahaha
Dimmer
XOXO
Did anybody ask WHY you could not move the chairs - I'm surprised Christian didn't....I think it's called "CONTROL" after all you are only the Customer.....I think after reading about your experiences, the Belgiums should be like the Japanese and put their Menu Items on display in the Window of the Restaurants, and then people like yourselves can just point to what you want......
When will they learn, they can have 3 price standards, small, medium & large instead of just regular & medium.....Capitalism has changed me!!!
Post a Comment