Thursday, August 28, 2008

I DID IT...

Christian was out of town today, in Berlin, so I had the car here with me along with a list of things i needed to do. It was go time!

I needed to go to the grocery store, so I decided to take the car even though I was a bit nervous to do so. I really wanted to go to the BIG grocery store rather than walking to the little one, So, I set out in the Renault Scenic Megane towards the grocery store down the street. The straight aways are almost a piece of cake, but the one rule that I can't get in my head is that cars approaching on the right have the right away unless they have a small set of painted diamonds on the pavement in front of them. It is so confusing and you really have to be on guard while driving otherwise you'll get a single finger salute from the local Belgians.

I would say I did pretty good driving; I only had one person flash their lights at me - fifeteen times while tailgating - and one person flick me off.

I made it back in one piece, all in all it was a good drive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Meghin! I had no idea what that car looked like, so I looked it up, it's cute. What color do you have?
Dimmer

Meghin Gani said...

We have a tan colored one. It is pretty cute; however it is still a rental, we haven't bought a car yet. We are in the process, but as you know things take longer here to get done! :)

Anonymous said...

There is NO WAY that I could do that!
Mr. Campau