Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Movie Theater

Well, have to say I was really skeptical about going to see a movie here in Brussels because nothing ever ever goes right for us when we try something new. We were a bit late showing up getting stuck in traffic and then not finding the place, but we made it. Christian stood in line to get tickets while I went to grab the popcorn & water. Christian finds me and tells me that was the most expensive movie tickets he has ever bought, it cost us $25.00 for our tickets. Wow!!
We find our theather and go in, we were utterly shocked by what we saw. It was probably one of the nicest theaters I have ever been in. It sat a little over 500 people and we were going with friends who were already there so it took a minute to find them. The seats were big, soft and very comfortable; pretty nice!!

We ended seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button because it was 1 of the 2 movies that were playing in English. The movie did have French & Flemish subtitles.

After the movie was over, everyone started clapping and Christian and I just looked at each other. Our friends told us that was what they did, but then laughed so I wasn't sure to believe them or not.

We then we out for a coffee and ice cream, because I am just craving hot fudge sundaes right now. Our night was fun and we had an excellent time with Simon & Flor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo of "Jack Russell" - I'd love a picture that size on my Roof!!!
For the price of the tickets to see a Movie I'm glad the audience enjoyed the film - I shudder to think what they would have done if they had not, and spent $25.00 on tickets! Glad to hear you had a good night out with friends....and that Hot Fudge Sundae sounds great Meghin.....

Love ya! Mum