Saturday morning after a long overnight flight from Detroit. We picked her up from the Brussels Airport and took her back to our place for a quick snack and a short nap. After mom's
"short" 4 hour nap, we took off to Grand Place for a drink and dinner. This was mom's first time to "the place" and boy was she amazed by the sites.Sunday we got up really early, picked up Dennis (Christian's co-worker) and we all took off for Bruges, because as he says in his best Dr. Evil voice "that's where daddy's from". (More to come on Bruges later!)
The rest of the week Christian had to work (surprise, surprise), so Mom and I set out to do the tourist things. Monday morning we jumped on the Brussels Site Seeing Tour Bus that took us around the city to see all the major attractions of which there are few! The bus took us to Grand Place, Manneken Pis, St. Catherines, Mont Des Arts, European Union, Royal Palace, Cinquatenaire Arch and the Atomium. It was a very interesting tour
and we learned a lot about Brussels and Belgium, very well worth the trip if you decide to come visit us here. The funny thing about the trip was our bus tickets. Tickets for adults were €18, but the driver only charged us €16 (the under 18 and over 65 price). I guess I look under 18 and poor mom must look over 65. It made me laugh!

For out last night out, Mom and I went back to the Grand Place for dinner. Mom decided on a Italian place and we had an excellent meal.
On Thursday morning, I had to take mom back to the airport to catch her flight back to Detroit. It was sad to see her go, but we will enjoy the good times that we spent here in Brussels.
Thanks for everything Mom, we love you!

3 comments:
Hey!
That's the lady that cleans my new condo!
Weird.
I can't WAIT to see you in the Observer! Hahaha
You guys are way over there and making it in the paper like it's your job! Nice work!
Amanda
Meghin and Christian, You are wonderful hosts and I spent valued time with you. With all that walking, I lost 2 pounds, but I sure pigged out on all the wonderful food. I'll treasure my visit with you.
Love, Mom Woj
Post a Comment